This Page

has been moved to new address

Jury Duty...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Jury Duty...

This Tuesday I have the pleasure of going to the Courthouse for "Jury Duty". Apparently, there is little to no chance of myself being excused the night before which causes a bit of dilemma. Tomorrow, I will have to cram 2 days of work again into one, and then head over the Courthouse at 8:00 Tuesday Morning - only to have to sit there until 3:00 when they excuse those sitting for jury.

My one consolation - on my Juror Questionnaire, it asks if I have any relative or close friends that are law enforcement. My response - "Why yes - my best friend, K., my friend F. are both active police officers up north. My friend B. is a former officer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, currently involved in training our teachers in the art of "descalation" of an incident and, by the way, my childhood friend S. is a former Philadelphia police officer and is now a current FBI Agent - may I be excused?". Wonder if I tell them that at 8:00, they will send me packing.

Watch - I'll get a civil trial. Plus - in Orlando, I doubt anything can top my first trial I ever had to attend. In our Criminal Law theory class, we had to attend a trial and the one we got was a "lesbian butch hooker stabbed by a potential john with hedgeclippers". Doesn't that sound like something on Lifetime??

Instead, I will console myself by reading one of those books I SWEAR I'm going to catch up on and run to Starbucks prior to the oh-so-fun friskdown for my caffeine fix.

Posted by Lys :: 7:56 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------