This Page

has been moved to new address

Crazy Week...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Crazy Week...

I know - I know. I've been slackin' on my blogging, as MB has often reminded me. While this week was crazy at work, I also dived back in and got dragged back to entertainment. One of my clients has a big shin-ding tomorrow night and this gal will be standing outside in her 4" Wish they were Christian Louboutins with her clipboard going, "No, sorry - I don't see you on the list". "Oh So and So, we're so happy you are here, we have a table waiting for you blah blah blah". How embarrassing is it when my publisher calls me going "Oh that's awesome that so and so is going. Thank you for asking". NOOOOO.. I hadn't asked yet - I was planning on doing my normal going out with them and saying "Oh - this event I have this week - care to drop by"... but NO - these guys called to MAKE SURE they were on the list. THEY got proactive before I could nag. As I told them tonight when they found out it was my door, THEY TOOK THE WIND OUT OF MY SAILS! Don't get me wrong - I adore these guys, but still.. leave somethin' for a gal, right?

So, this jumpstarted a trend and now my old life is about to hit me in the azz. I got a call from my mentor asking me to help her out with a release for a former client and, as I was talking to her, she remarked, "Is there ever a day when you are not crazy busy?" I responded with, "Well I DID learn from you!" Thank god she has a sense of humor. So, add that to my ever growing plate of stuff to do - by yesterday if possible.

That, coupled with work, reconnecting with K. and his family, and catching up with old friends has made this week super crazy. Just lets hope that all goes well this weekend with the event. I was told the dress code was "mad sexy" by the promoter. Cleavage, check. Heels, check. Attitude, double check. At least I'll be able to bat my eyelashes cutely at the bouncer and ask to have the idiot insisting that he's on the list and won't pay the lousy cover charge removed.

Snippets from the Velvet Rope coming up (well, maybe that should be linen rope or something - this IS Orlando after all)

Posted by Lys :: 10:24 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------