This Page

has been moved to new address

Sometimes You Can Go Back...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sometimes You Can Go Back...

Last night was still somewhat of a blur. I really think that heading down to Tampa was the right decision because there were people there that we didn't expect to be there, DJs that have been off the radar that were in our path, and fabulous promoters. Good times, people. Good times.

JoeZ and FormerClient gave a kick ass show (as always) and they went on at 4:00 a.m. The crowd sang along to the songs and had a great time. Sometimes, that is the best feeling - when you see a fan singing along to their favorite singer/song. JoeZ and FormerClient adore the fans and really, I can't think of two better peeps to work with.

Also, when I'm with these two, there is MUCH laughter - flashing back to 5/6 years ago when we just laughed our butts off and got silly. I've missed alot being here in Orlando. However, Orlando was necessary because 6 years ago, fate put JoeZ and FormerClient in my path. I can't forget that. Everything happens for a reason. Even better was how everyone has changed yet the core stays the same - that's refreshing. It's like one stops and then picks up where they left off.

Here's a funny story - as we are walkin' to the club (the gig was in the hotel), who comes sauntering past us but Lil' Wayne and the Cash Money crew. I kept lookin' at that cat going "Is it?? Noooo". I just saw the grills of him and his crew and man is petite but seemed cool. And his entourage was flankin' him. Now the publicist in me thought "Hmmm.. that could be a photo op" but then I just dismissed it. But I had to joke that if Akon was nearby I was callin' Reese.

And when I first walked into the hotel - one of the bars had 80s night in full effect, playing Billy Ocean's "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car". Talk about a show flashback. I joked that if they even played "Crush On You" I would walk out the damn door.

Going into the hotel, JoeZ tells me to come up to the room and, what happens, I get detained by an overzealous security guard, Frank, who doesn't believe me when I say "I'm with the group. Honest". JoeZ and FormerClient had to come down and get me past the invisible velvet rope. Then when we headed into the club, we got stopped and all I had to say was "This is FormerClient" and the ropes were whisked aside, cocktails procured and into VIP we went and to the stage. And the stage was slippery as all hell. Again, detained by security and then two words from a promoter and it's all "This way." I got some pics that I have to upload later but all in all, it was a good night.

Yeah, I think I'm ready to go back to entertainment.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 4:21 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------