This Page

has been moved to new address

Let The Countdown Begin...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Let The Countdown Begin...

Had some great chats tonight all while in the midst of planning the Party O' The Year (aka our boy's B'Day Soiree) scheduled for May. There are a few plans in the works and it amazes me that when I send out a pitch or an email, more often than not I get "Hey - yeah, count me in." or "Whatever you need." Our friend has touched so many lives and is often regarded as the glue that holds most of us together.

So, in the midst of thinking utterly mischievous minx on this, a flurry of texts and phone calls resulted in a new partner in crime for this soiree and it's a whole new ballgame. I'm rubbing my hands in glee over here.

The worst people can say is "Ahhh - Ummmm - No". The hardest part will be having to hit up what some have regarded as the "Mean Girl" during our tenure back in the day. That, in itself, will take some serious wrangling on this gal's part. See, she's *ahem* too busy to take a call so I'm trying to think outside the box to put this in her path somehow, someway. And then there are other people I have to track down and try to find. But, let me tell you - seeing our friend's face light up with all these faces from his past that brought him so much joy will be the ultimate gift.

I love myself a good planning session and we have a month to talk to liquor distributors, pitch press, publicists, djs, etc. and somehow take off the cape and go back to the 9to5 while saving my nights for more planning, pitching, etc. And then it's off to Philly for the big event.

To quote Cher from Clueless "PROJECT!"

This is going to be SO much fun.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:23 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------