This Page

has been moved to new address

You're Taking Me....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, May 09, 2008

You're Taking Me....

To the Point of No Return..

Woke up hella early on my day off today - was watching CBS The Early Show (which I NEVER do) and the ongoing live coverage of the funeral of the police officer who was gunned down in Philly on Saturday. As the city is crazed today, I figured I'd take the time and center my thoughts before I embarked on the chaos that is bound to be around every corner today.

Well the year they spotlighted for newscaster Maggie Rodriguez's prom was 1987, a year which is very memorable to many of those that will be attending the party tonight. 1987 was the year that I really started watching the show (I didn't dance on it til 88). 1987 is the year that my favorite genre of music (and a genre I still work in), Freestyle hit its stride. 1987 had some music that I still love to this day.

At the close of the show, they had special guest, Gloria Estefan from Miami and I thought that was the final *big* guest. Until they pulled away to a shot of one of my absolute favorite Freestyle groups, Expose, to perform live. Talk about huge memories.

To think, that is just the start of the day - and what a way to start.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:53 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------