This Page

has been moved to new address

I Know I'm About To Poke A Bear...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, October 24, 2008

I Know I'm About To Poke A Bear...

I don't know about y'all but is anyone else just want this election OVER??? Ugh!

If I see ONE more negative ad, I'm about to go out of my flippin' mind. And it's tough when I have one opinion and my friends have another (*cough cough* MB *cough cough*) but it's all good. I don't claim to know all about the election, but I do want to know who is shadier than the other, who "allegedly" uses funds/workers/etc. for personal use *cough cough* Huggie Bear *cough cough*, and who is best for our towns, schools, state, and country. Oh, and I'd like to know who WASN'T yappin' with Jack Abramoff. That's always good to know, no?

We all have a right to choose and we have a right to vote. So, rather than vote early, I'll vote on my birthday and make my voice heard. And I'm sad I can't vote Jerry Demings for Orange County Sheriff (Yes, I said it!) Sadly I'm in Seminole County but after having the pleasure of meeting both Mr. Demings and his fabulous wife, [Orlando Police Chief] Val Demings and seeing what she has done for the Orlando PD, he's got my full support. Two weeks into Chief Val's administration, I ran into one of the Orlando police officers here at the complex and he told me how awesome she was and what she had done to shake up the "desk jockeys". Even when I met her, I got a little teary when I thanked her for actually giving a care not only for her officers but for the people she protects. She truly is the best person for the job (and y'all might remember many a battle I waged due to Chief Mike having his bike units walk along the highway ala Village People Cop in rush hour traffic!). So I hope Jerry Demings wins the election because he will shake up the "Boss Hogg" crew (as some of my cop friends like to call the Orange County Sheriffs) and make some changes for the better of those living here in Central Florida...

Other than that, I'm not getting any more political here at Just Because... well, until Buddy Dyer pisses me off [again]...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 9:43 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------