This Page

has been moved to new address

Garfield v. Odie: Round 2...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Garfield v. Odie: Round 2...

Sound the bell, the fight has started...

In this corner: Princess Shadow - Ruler of the Lys Householder [Obv. Lys is NOT the Pack Leader in Shadow's world]





In this corner, Sir Pees A Lot aka Mr. Wiggles.




Well, Princess Shadow has been in her luxury suite for way too long and, after reading all the excellent advice from all of y'all, I decided enough was enough. Every time I went into the bathroom, I would catch her tiptoeing to the door to take a peek at the pug through the gap so I decided that her bent nose was not going to be tolerated. Tough mama I am...

I scooped her up, brought her into the kitchen and put her down for the "Sit Down". Well, Wiggles should worry that he might find a horse's head in his bed, Godfather style because Shadow about lost her damn mind. It was hissing, back up, glaring, growling and just a funky mess. And then I have the sweet pug with this look on his face like "But Ma - she doesn't KNOW me yet. We're just gonna be good friends. I be nice - promise". And this dog is so sweet - barely a malicious bone in his body. He just wants to sniff the princess and be her friend.

She went into another tirade of grrrrrrrrr and hisss and whine and then I see her looking up at the counter trying to see if she can make it up and over to get away from friendly dog. Well, she couldn't and I know how she is when she feels caged in. Not willing to subject the pug to Shadow's potentially lethal claws, I told him to stay (which he did) and scooped her up to put her to bed. She started growling and hissing at me like I betrayed her. Give. Me. A. Break. Well, she got in trouble for the hissing (I don't allow it), put on cookiez ban (for an hour) and I figured "Forget this!" as she went under the bed. Then, after speaking with my dad it was doors open on the luxury suite and Mr. Wiggles went in there for one second and then came out and curled up on the couch. Shadow remained under the bed and refused to move only for a couple times to go in her box and glare at me and Wiggs on the couch. I didn't alert the pug to her presence and he was all sad with his stuffed penguin. I've noticed that when he gets in trouble, gets frustrated or is sad, he grabs his stuffed toys and holds them in his mouth like a security blanket. It's pretty sad to think what he might have gone through in other homes before.

Sleeping wise, Wiggs was a bit lonely so I let him sleep on the bed (I know I know - what the hell did I start!) That pug curled up ON me and started snoring, the toy cast to the side. When he did that, I heard "Grrrrrrrrrr" coming from under the bed where Princess Shadow was sulking. She could have shared - Wiggs didn't sleep on her boogie mat - just sniffed it and then settled on my legs. We had room for her - and her cookiez she hid in the bed.

At 5:30 this morning, I woke up to "Grrrrrrr" still emulating from under the bed and my alarm going off. Well, stupid me made the mistake of waking Wiggs up in my move to shut off the alarm (I'm not a morning person so I keep it on the other side of the room). Lazy momma I was, I told him "Shhhhh go back to sleep" and he whined in greeting me and then went back to snore mode. He woke up at 6:00 again with "Ma... Bark Park! Let's go Bark Park!" and I told him in a minute. Well, as I'm getting dressed and looking presentable (somewhat) at 6:15, I hear him whine again. Fine, pug, FINE! I begrudgingly wonder why he can't wait til 6:30/7 and I walk out only to see him glaring at me and lifting his leg ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

Now either the pug got confused by "Hey - INDOOR TREE = INDOOR TOILET" or he's really pushin' my buttons. Shadow was probably snickering at hearing "Mr. Wiggles - BAD DOGGY!" as I quickly threw his harness on, leash and cleaned up the mess with the resolve to Clorox the tree branch which he ever so conveniently christened when we returned. He trotted to the elevator all happy as he ran me ragged over hell and creation for an early morning jaunt. Talk about a curious pup.

Forget a personal trainer, anyone want to borrow Wiggs for a morning run?

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 5:08 PM :: 12 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------