This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm A Snowbird, Baby, & Flying South...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm A Snowbird, Baby, & Flying South...

So there's yippin' about all things Nor'Easter today (and they were even talking about how all points Seattle and Oregon are going to get slammed as well - sorry SSG, Predo & Michelle!) Want to scare the bejezus out of me - make me deal with snow and icy conditions.

I'm looking forward to 80 degree weather, a warm and sunny holiday season, the ability to NOT wear gloves, jackets and scarves, peep toe heels, light sweaters and wandering through UpTown Altamonte to enjoy the holiday season without having red face syndrome from the wind chill.

While I love my peeps up here in the North, I'm going to channel my inner snowbird and fly south, my friends. I'll be back up in Philly when it's warm.

And on a random note, I passed out early last night because, quite frankly, I'm exhausted (and relaxed). I woke up this morning only to open my eyes to the Philadelphia Visitor's channel on tv only to see BMIC (current) and Rifleman's (former) establishment on the screen, Ant behind the bar chattin' up a gal and Melis pouring a beer at her former job before she headed to my fave spot. Yup - they were talking about Manayunk. It was nice to see that place spotlighted. However, I'll be thankful to be coming back when the spot is finished as BMIC is the new owner and Rifleman, while he's still there, has other irons in the fire. Talk about a random thing to wake up to...

So now I'm off to squeeze the bizillion spices and other goodies I purchased for the holidays into my bag and figure out if I can have the front desk just ship my shoes tomorrow back to the office. I mean, I'm not going to wear those needle heels EVER again on cobblestones, let alone have them on my feet for a month. I have been in flats ever since, even if Rifleman says I'm "effin' short." I'll channel my inner munchkin and adjust.

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:39 AM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------