This Page

has been moved to new address

A Short, Yet Pleasant Jaunt...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Short, Yet Pleasant Jaunt...

Well, I took Predo's advice and just chilled around the city today. I slept in, caught up on some emails, etc. in my fancy lounger by the window overlooking the river and the Ben Franklin Bridge and then sauntered over to the Italian Market to pick up a few things for the holidays. I love getting the fresh spices from there and it's so much better than buying the spices at the grocery store. Along with picking up MORE coffee again and some chocolates for some people, I was pretty much shopped out. I also took time to reflect on the blessings that I've experienced over the past year and gave thanks for all that I've been able to experience.

Yesterday's events were pretty relaxed as well. After I landed, it was off to the Cherry Hill mall to find *the* outfit for the night's events. I just wasn't comfortable with what I packed. It was too late to stop by Justine's grave as the mausoleum closes at 3:00. Based on the conditions I heard we were to encounter, I decided casual was best along with something that photographed well. I've learned that you can't get a decent sweater in Orlando - everything there is so "Florida centered" so I figured it was better if I just bought that up here.

We had dinner at the Bourbon and sampled their new menu. Ant and BMIC made sure that a gal's cable cars were available and it was a fun evening. OurBuddy and CK kept us in hysterics, seeing Jo again after 20 years was amazing - she hasn't aged a DAY - she's still looking fabulous. Am and Laura were a fit of giggles all night and the other peeps there were too much!!! Loved it.

Tonight, I dropped by Amadas for culinary inspiration and some fabulous cocktails (don't worry - will disclose more on Cooking In Stilettos), chilled out watching peeps ice skate, visited Manayunk to see it all decorated for the holidays and am flying out tomorrow back to my life in Orlando.

Philly - while I'll miss you, I'll be back. Just make sure you have some spiced apple sangria ready for a gal please ...

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:53 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------