This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy 2009 To Y'all...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009 To Y'all...

I hope that 2009 brings you all much happiness, prosperity, love and peace. Remember, the year is what YOU make of it - so if you snooze, you lose.

I'm approaching 2009 with a sense of empowerment, even in the small things. For example, today was a lazy day - just the pug, the kitten and I chillin' out. The kitten under the bed, the pug and I either on the bed or on the couch - no growling or hissing at all - with the occasional glimpse of Shadow and Wiggs staring each other down. All is quiet and a great way to start off 2009.

Well that was until I went to the car and, staring me down from the backseat was one of those effin' Palmettos - or Mr. Slimy as he will forever be known as. Well, he scooted into the trunk and I couldn't get him quick enough. Boy was I livid. So, I grabbed the "Car Raid", went to the trunk and sprayed it down. Granted, yes, I know - I need to clean out the trunk and will this week but damn.

So now my trunk has that "Raid Fresh" scent and, as I started to back out of the car to head to get my ice coffee, I could have sworn I felt something on my back. It's ON now - death to Mr. Slimys!!! I put that car in park with the thought that obviously the Man upstairs wants me to continue my chill out day and headed upstairs minus Ice Coffee. I did, however, make a promise to myself that 2009 will be a Mr. Slimy free year. It's war, people, and I am positive that the new neighbor brought a bunch with them with their forever leaving loose trash outside their door. (Shadow gutted another one that apparently got under the door and left him as either a present for me or a treat for Wiggs - haven't decided which yet.)

Don't even get me started on that random group of people that moved into the apartment across the hall. That's fodder for another day - just think, Larry the Cable Guy meets Snoop Dogg meets Beth from Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Anyways - I wish you all the best for 2009 and I'm looking forward to what this year will bring, armed with a can of Raid, of course.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:07 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------