This Page

has been moved to new address

The One Where I Get Grilled...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The One Where I Get Grilled...

Well, SSG of Confessions of a (Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl has put together some great interview questions in an "Interview Me" segment so - it's interrogation time. And, somehow, I feel like I am stuck in the NCIS interrogation room with my life flashing before my eyes without Mark Harmon. Did I ever tell y'all I don't interview well - at all? Don't know if it's the law side or the PR side of this gal that makes me feel like I'm in the hot seat but either way, I'm nervous.

OK, here we go:

1) Since you are anything but "Just Another Gal" how did you come to choose your blog name and what got you started blogging?

I have to laugh - it was one of those inspired moments that I have every so often. Basically, I started blogging because I needed a creative outlet. I had been reading some great blogs for some time. My day to day didn't really allow for me to be creative. Plus I had gone through some drama and I figured it would be a spot for me on the web to just write about whatever I wanted - Just Because... (hence the name, Just Because)

The name, Just Anotha Gal - well that came from the fact that I'm NOT just another gal and it's a play on one of my fave songs "Just Another Girl" from Wild Orchid. Not to mention, I've learned that sometimes guys tend to forget that I have a different mindset than many of the girls they are used to.

2) Tonight you come home to your favorite meal already prepared for you, what is it and what will you be drinking with it?

A favorite meal - that's tough. I have a new favorite but I'd have to be at my fave restaurant to get it - which means I'd have to go to Philly *LOL* It would have to be the Bourbon Blue's Braised Short Ribs with Parmesan Polenta with, of course, my Cable Car Martini that Ant makes ever so well. (Hey, perhaps B. might let a gal have the recipe - hint hint). To quote Rachel Zoe - "I. Die." It's THAT good.

3) You wake up on a Saturday morning and have the whole day ahead of you with nothing scheduled. How would you spend your day?

Nothing scheduled?!?! Wow - let's see because I schedule EVERYTHING! Of course I'd have to take Sir Pees-A-Lot out to Bark Park and chill out for a bit. After that I'd probably head to the Premier Outlets to gawk at Stuart Weitzman shoes at deep discount, a bit of shopping at Saks Off Fifth, Neimans Last Call, Le Gourmet Chef and the Le Creuset Outlet. I'd follow that up with a dash to the Millennia Mall for a little Loubou fondling action at Neiman Marcus and shopping at Williams Sonoma. That evening, I'd probably head out to dinner with friends that night and just have a day of it.

4) You used to be on a certain dance show (that shall remain nameless) what was the biggest thing you took away from that experience?

So many things I took away from that experience - it's hard to say what is the biggest thing I got from being there. But, if I had to choose one thing, it was there I learned to come out of my shell, both personally and professionally. I was always a shy kid and hated being on stage - whether it was plays, pageants or recitals. However, it was on that set that I met some fabulous people, many of which I am still close with to this day, and also learned how the publicity machine and entertainment industry really works. It was a hands-on education that no school could ever teach and the people we had there are some of the best in the biz. All in all, I was truly blessed to be there and the experiences from being on there, both good and bad, helped shaped me into who I am today. Oh, and I learned the importance of all things stiletto there too.

5) Do you read magazines? If so what ones? If not, how do you keep up on yo' mad style skillz?

Ahhh - magazines. SSG - do you have a spy cam trained on moi? Yes, I'm beyond guilty of being a magazine pack rat. Let's take a peek at my coffee table reading, shall we. Let's see - we've got Gourmet, Cooking Light, Fine Cooking, Bon Appétit and other foodie mags. On the personal finance front we've got a couple issues of Money and Kiplinger's. For industry stuff, I often read Billboard and a couple music mags. For fashion/style, well there's People Style Watch, In Style, the occasional Vogue, and Figure (for the plus size gals). Occasionally, I do pick up a rag sheet i.e. US or OK or People (hey - Patrick Swayze's on the cover - don't judge!) but more often than not, I find that fashion and gossip are best served fresh - that being via blogs that I do keep up with pretty much daily. I have a number of fashion and beauty blogs that I read and, yes, I do keep tabs on Perez (even though he's pissing me off more often with some of the content). As for mad style skillz - awww, you are too sweet. Some of my *choices* are up for debate - let's just say I learned that bubble skirts are NOT flatterings... not by a long shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was tough but much thanks to SSG for some great questions. SO, now let's get to the fun part. Here's where YOU come into play. Directions ...
  1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
  2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
  3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

SO GAME ON! C'mon, make me think of some good questions because, quite frankly, I'd much rather be on the other side of the interrogation table...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 7:00 AM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------