This Page

has been moved to new address

Guilty of Idiocy: 1-800-Contacts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guilty of Idiocy: 1-800-Contacts

OK, rant time - I'm pissed.

So, for the past month, I've been pestering my eye doctor because I NEED my prescription for my contacts and, of course, J.C. Penny Optical has this woman who just, for lack of a better term, is an imbecile. I called her AGAIN this morning and the first words out of her mouth "Well you never spoke to me". Honey, I DID speak to you and YOU are an idiot is what I wanted to scream at her as I know her voice quite well. However, I just spelled out what she was to do and, within minutes, my script was in my hot little hands. Had I gone to the store, I would have lost my marbles in there and told her and her store manager that, clearly, while I should be nice she's wasted ONE month of my time and I can't get that back.

Wait - it gets better.

So I place my order with 1-800 Contacts who I have used for YEARS and, tonight, I get this message from them:


I apologize for this inconvenience, unfortunately we have been unable to verify
your prescription with your doctor's office. We have been in contact with the JC
Penny Optical ... are unable to locate your records. At this time we have
temporarily canceled your order since we are unable to verify.


HOLD UP! PUMP THE BRAKES! WHAT THE @*@**@# did they just say - JC Penny Optical couldn't find my records? They just sent them to me TODAY! And 1800 Contacts just straight up and cancelled my order without reaching out to me so I could address it? That's straight up foolishness. They made a unilateral decision without reaching out to a customer to tell them that it was a problem. I'm beyond annoyed.

SO, with that being said, I'm going to start researching options and, yes, I think a breakup is in order, not only with my eye doctor but also with 1-800-Contacts who I had a long and enjoyable relationship. Sadly, that is no longer.

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 6:50 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------