This Page

has been moved to new address

And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, December 12, 2005

And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away...

I love this quote: Carrie said "Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."

Ain't that the truth, right? With all that has gone on, I'm feeling surprisingly nostalgic and thinking about my friends up North. Some of my toughest tests in life, these friends were there for me through thick and thin. They were there when my ex got stupid, when Nicky died, when I went through my "bar phase", and some of the memories I have are hilar - like when my friend Kelly would REFUSE to put on her shoes in a club and BR would have to tell her either to put them on OR he'd toss her out. Or the time that Kelly and A. got into a little "altercation" to put it mildly, only for 20 minutes later they were whoopin' it up doing shots like old friends, and how MANY TIMES did I fall in the snow? Oh. My. God. Good times, people good time. Even though with the amount of falls on the ice made my butt feel like a beaten piece of chicken, but oh well.

Right now I'm wrestling with the decision to fly up north for the weekend. There are a few things holding me back though, one of which is my participation at a charity event to raise toys for the local children who aren't having a Xmas this year. We're supposed to bring in the toys Monday morning. If I'm in Massachusetts that morning, it's not going to happen.

I'd love to see my friends and family, especially love to smack my sister (j/k) and terrorize my brother who I haven't seen in a *few* years (more like 8) since they are only going to be in town this weekend as well as hang out with my girl Becca and see BR and, possibly, Meowmix, however, the cons are:

1) My mother - words cannot explain the chances of argument
2) The drama - I prefer living in a Drama Free Zone
3) I have made appointments for Saturday for the holidays which are going to have to be rescheduled
4) The Snow - HELLO! People, I still wear open toe shoes. The idea of frozen white tundras is not my idea of "Oh La La La".
5) Baby DJ. This is a cause so close to my heart that me not going to the station on Monday morning is difficult.
6) The COST! Its over $180.00 to fly out, plus I'd have the expense of buying multiple gifts when, in reality, I really can't afford to.

My friends P & M would both say to think, meditate and pray. I think I'm going to pop in a DVD of S&TC and wrestle with my thoughts. Wonder if a glass of wine will make it any clearer??

I'll keep you updated.

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 8:14 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------