This Page

has been moved to new address

The "We" Factor...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, March 27, 2006

The "We" Factor...

Have you ever gone out and met someone and there was this little "ding ding" bell that was in your head going "Something just isn't right". Well, that's what happened to me last weekend. While Bec & I were running into long lost buddies at one of our old haunts, I wound up meeting a clean cut, handsome guy that we'll call, BarBoy.

BarBoy was handsome, tall, ex military, Italian looking and, from all appearances, met my normal checklist, however the more he talked, the more I wanted to send him and his grapefruit & vodka into oblivion (Sidenote: What guy drinks grapefruit juice and vodka??). BarBoy had an 8 year old daughter from a previous relationship. Great. He tried to tell me that he was a hockey player. I have no doubt that he was, however he tried to imply he played for a major paying league when, in fact, it was more of after work social thing. Good for him - he has interests outside of work. Doesn't count against him but was he upfront that he worked a day job, nope. Bec had to drag that out of him like a dentist dragging out a cavity. The conversations were interesting, however again the faint "Ding ding ding" was getting louder and louder.

While he attempted to ply both me and Bec with drinks throughout the evening, the bartender was so kind to swap out my drink out for Diet Coke w/ lime. I was the designated driver, plus there was no way I was going to go home with BarBoy, nor give him the idea that he would even stand a chance. Through his sweet nothings and his promises to "come to Orlando", "make breakfast", "sleep on the couch", I heard "bullshit, bullshit, bullshit". Buddy, I wasn't born yesterday and, I can play the game as well as him. So, who the hell is HE trying to kid?

Plus, like that guy from S&TC, BarBoy had a fond penchant for using the term "We". WE weren't dating, nor were we together. So since when did he and I become a WE? Like I told him repeatedly, "I just met you". I forgot that Western Mass boys are quick to jump on the relationship wagon the minute they meet a girl. Well, that description is definitely not me. I've had a couple really bad relationships, two of those with Western Mass guys so I'm already on alert. Don't get me wrong, I was far from mean and actually quite cordial, but when I tell a guy to STOP rubbing my left shoulder, that does not give him license to rub and squeeze said shoulder. Nor does it give him license to try to slip his hand up my blouse under the bar. Hello! Ummm... no thanks. Nor does it mean that he can assume that I was getting the lowdown on him when I talked to another friend of mine, Chrissy - far from it because I was trying to hook her up with a friend of mine.

Finally, the kicker of the evening was him trying to get all into my personal life, with us just meeting a mere 2 hours before. Bec will attest, no matter where we go, I make a point to talk to the DJs that way I can make sure that my clients' materials are always sent to the right guys. When I left BarBoy for 10 minutes (at the most!) to go talk to the DJ, BarBoy decided to pout and whine because he didn't get his way. Is he a 38 year old man or a 8 year old boy? I know a couple youngins that act WAY better than that. I don't fall for the pouting of the lower lip and acting hurt. WE were not together all night, nor were WE on a date. WE just met. That's as far of a WE as I will agree to.

Here's the final outcome - BarBoy, while good looking and somewhat pleasant, got increasing annoying as the night wore on. I could tell there were a lot of similarities with him to many of the bar jerks I have encountered in my life and I wrote it off as a good story to laugh about. Any initial interest was gone by the end of the evening. If I wanted a hook-up, sure, I might have entertained the idea but in today's day and age, a gal can't be too careful.


Not to mention, Bec tells me the other night that BarBoy called her from a Donut Shop rather than call me directly asking questions about my trip. This raised a bunch of other flags, i.e. What, BarBoy can't call and leave his number? BarBoy doesn't have a cell? BarBoy can't call long distance? Does BarBoy have a last name? etc. etc. Bec summarized it well with one comment "He's probably still with his baby momma or married". Well, that makes more sense when thinking about his behavior for the evening and the covert calling to avoid any evidence trails.

Well, if that's the case, he already has a WE and I don't want to be involved in that ;) Never fails - whenever I go home, there's always boy trouble *LOL*


Posted by Lys :: 3:01 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------