This Page

has been moved to new address

Central Florida: Doc Is In The House...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, September 21, 2007

Central Florida: Doc Is In The House...


One of my favorite morning radio personalities is Doc Holliday and I, along with many other Central Florida listeners, have missed his witty banter on 106.7 during the morning drive time commute. Now, let me state for the record, Alex & Johnny are fabulous - always enjoy talkin' with them and listening to their crew in the morning is a hoot - but I have to confess, I miss Doc.

Yesterday, in passing at the 9to5, I was asked what had happened to our fave morning man. I commented that the last I heard, Doc had left 106.7 and it was also rumored that he was workin' at ESPN or something doing voice-over work. While I didn't know if it was true or not, I had heard he was doing well (a good friend of mine and he both go to the same church). I still missed hearing him chatter in the morning and, since his departure in February, often I would listen to CDs or something when getting ready then tune into 106.7 on my drive in for traffic, Jayde's celeb trash and whatnot. Well, then I hear this gem: "Lys - Doc's on the morning show at K92 - the Country Station". Sure enough, I google K92, check out the website and viola - DOC IN THE MORNING! Now I'm a VERY happy gal indeed.

Doc, for those that don't know Central Florida, has been in our market for 17 years on one station - that in itself is a huge feat. My mom worked in radio while I was growing up and I remember that about the time when the "books" [Arbitron ratings] came out each quarter (Arbitron can be a *#!*@), you would hear one DJ one day and the next day at the same time *poof* there could be a new DJ.


Doc also has a heart - he's one of the first ones to organize a charity event to help those in need. I saw this first hand with a Christmas drive he was an integral part of. So, K92 got a gem of a guy. And, an added plus, the community got its voice back as well because Doc often speaks what others think but don't often vocalize.

Now - y'all know me. This gal doesn't DO country. Heck, I even turned down some PR work for a country artist because I didn't know the market that well. However, this morning I woke up to a VERY FAMILIAR voice as the sounds of Doc Holliday resonated throughout my house courtesy of the clock radio.

Is there anything better than sitting down with Doc & a cup of coffee to start one's day? I think not.

Welcome back, Doc!!! We've missed you!
Photo courtesy of K92 FM, Doc in the Morning.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:40 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------