This Page

has been moved to new address

The School of Cash Back...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The School of Cash Back...

Interesting Story: My dad called me the other day wanting to buy something online and, as he tells me about it, I told him to hold off for a day or so because not only would I find him a coupon, but he'd also get cash back for it.

At the 9to5, I've been told that I should "teach a class" on the art of the coupon/cash back so, grab your notebook people. Class is now in session.

First of all, there are three places you must sign up:

Now, each one has it's own pluses and minuses, and I personally tend to gravitate to Ebates & Mr. Rebates for most of my cash back deals. Fat Wallet needs to step up the game a bit (and we're still in a bit of a spat - long story).

Payments and Incentives:

Ebates pays quarterly which is always a nice little bonus and you get $5.00 for signing up (as do I). Mr. Rebates gives you a registration bonus of $2.50 (but they also seem to have the higher percentages) and for anyone you refer, you also get bonuses. Also, just fyi - the cash back is normally available in your account after 90 days. Prior to that it's pending.

Customer Service:

For the record, I have had NO problems with Mr. Rebates or Ebates at all and they are amazing. Fat Wallet is trying. They were really good once, and perhaps it was just a rep of theirs which soured me on the site, but I'll give them a shot again.

Shopping Mecca:

Pretty much I'd say about 80% of the stores I use online give cash back through one of these sites. (I'm still hoping that Kiyonna gets a clue). We're talking everything from shoes, to clothes, to DVDs & Movies, to Kitchen Stuff to even iTunes and Apple iPods/Computers! Some places let you buy it online and then go in and pick it up on your way home (Circuit City/Linens N Things/Best Buy). I even got cash back for my credit stuff through MyFico. The junk mail is very nil to none. Also, if you are truly curious, you can shoot me an email and I'll send a copy of my Excel Cash Back Comparison which I refer to first in my handy dandy budget file before any shopping is to be had. (Yes, I know - go ahead and roll the eyes).

Coupons:

Now, any shopping I do online, I really try to use a coupon or some sort of deal. Most of the sites also have a little button for coupons, but I always have to make my life a bit more "adventuresome" and scour the 'net. There are a host of online coupon sites i.e. Coupon Cabin, Ultimate Coupons, etc. Also, you can look through the forums at SlickDeals.net, FatWallet, etc. to maximize your dollar. But be careful with this as sometimes FatWallet will disqualify for use of a coupon.

So, with that, let's break for recess and if you have any questions at all, shoot me an email. I will be available for shopping counseling.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:56 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------