This Page

has been moved to new address

Flashback: High Society...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Flashback: High Society...

Rather than watch the Emmys tonight, I decided to work on a client's bio and watch a classic movie which I NEVER saw before (but I will be getting for the DVD rack) - HIGH SOCIETY...

Check this out:

Gotta love Sinatra and Bing Crosby...



And the epitome of grace, Ms. Grace Kelly -



and my favorite song, "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire"...



I had NO IDEA that was Celeste Holm in that clip. I remember her from various shows/soaps in the 80s and of course the classic, All About Eve.

Seriously - if you haven't seen it, you should. The cast is amazing - Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, Celeste Holm, Louie Armstrong & his band; Music by Cole Porter, etc. etc. etc. Yeah, it's old Hollywood at its best - no super special effects, but good scripts and fabulous talent.

Perhaps its a bit of a carryover from my days at Bay Path where one of my favorite professors, Paul Norton, taught us an appreciation of classic movies, but still they just don't make movies like they did back then :::sigh:::

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 9:20 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------