This Page

has been moved to new address

Someone Remind Me To Pack Airborne...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, September 03, 2007

Someone Remind Me To Pack Airborne...

This entire Labor Day weekend has me hackin' like I was a smoker. I had no voice yesterday, my throat is sore as all **** and I'm coughin' like crazy. I know it had to be some germy person that was on that daggone plane who spread a virus around. No matter how many times I travel, I always get sick when I get home. However, my dad is saying it's just the fact I'm not used to the northern climates lately. I still say it some germy individual that was flying on AirTran. Nyquil isn't helping...

But today, I mustered up a bit of strength, determined to do what I said I was going to do - make Giada de Laurentiis' Balsamic BBQ Chicken. So, this evening, I embarked on my task -- and boy did the kitchen get hot. However, making my own BBQ sauce was a first - I don't think I will go bottled ever again. I highly recommend this recipe, but cut the vinegar in 1/2 if you try to make it and up the ketchup portion a bit. I baked the chicken and, while I would have taken pictures, I forgot as the smell made me beyond ravenous to consider getting the camera. The meat was literally falling off the drumstick. Add that with a bit of steamed corn and enjoy! The leftovers will make a splendid lunch this week or dinner if I'm too tired when I get home.

Now all I have to do is clean up the messy kitchen & shine my sink. All while hacking up a lung, of course.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 7:43 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------