This Page

has been moved to new address

From Shoes to Waffles...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, October 14, 2007

From Shoes to Waffles...

Food Network and Fine Living has struck again - in the weird desire to have a waffle maker. I love waffles, but after buying the Spiced Pumpkin Waffle mix from Williams Sonoma, I am willing to forgo shoes for a waffle iron...

No, I'm not delirious. Well, perhaps a bit - as my cooking mojo is on the rise again. I've been struck with this idea to make some waffles to freeze. And while I found a Cuisinart waffle iron on sale at Macy*s, I was still on the fence and, thankfully so because it's not getting good reviews. Plus, it wasn't the one that I saw on Alton Brown's show, Good Eats, or on Shopping With Chefs on Fine Living. They both chose the Villaware Uno Waffle Maker and I guess that if they think it's good - it has to be good - that's not a product placement.

So I figure, ok, it's expensive but I know I can find a coupon and cash back somewhere. But everywhere I look its SOLD OUT. ARG! Damn you Food Network & Fine Living. I'm sure someone else has been afflicted with the "must have it" disease. Its on backorder til 11/30/07 and I'm not the most patient person. So, with that I have accepted the fact that another trip to Crate & Barrel is in order and, yes, I will have to purchase it at full price. Wait a second... hmmmm.. I think I still have $2.00 on a giftcard somewhere....

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:43 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------