This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping, Cocktails and... CLINTON KELLY???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shopping, Cocktails and... CLINTON KELLY???

Yup - you heard that right, forget Santa my friends, Clinton Kelly is coming to town. As my b'day is coming up soon (Nov. 4th and counting)... I decided to do something I always wanted to do - go see one of my Style Gurus in person.

After a long day at the 9to5, I decided to indulge in a little retail "window" therapy and went to the Millennia Mall the other night. Basically, I fondled a pair of Stuart Weitzman Tortoiseshell Wedges at Neiman Marcus, oohed and ahhhed at a gorgeous Prada Ombre clutch and satchel, became repulsed at the price of a Michael Kors bag (I'm so looking at Shop Suey instead! $1200 for a MK bag - are they nukin' futz??) and decided to visit all things Crate & Barrel and Williams Sonoma. All in all, I really only spent about $50 for a few things for the kitchen (pumpkin Sprinkles cupcake mix, pumpkin waffle mix, maple pumpkin butter - you see a theme here??) but, if I had the funds, you know damn well those tortoiseshell wedges would be in their rightful home - my closet. Well, during my forays into retail therapy, I decided that a visit to the plus size section of Macy*s was in order. Finding a few things investigation worthy, I noticed that their department was all moved around, but thought, hmmm.. another day perhaps. So, with that, I picked up a copy of their HER catalog/zine and departed for home.

Clinton Kelly, in addition to his What Not To Wear duties, is the Macy*s Style spokesperson and it seems that his concentration has been in the Plus Size genre. That works for me. My closet would be very happy if I took a lesson (or three) from him. So, I read his fashion commentary, oohed and ahhed over a few things (a couple of which Reese & I saw in Philly - I knew I should have bought them - dammit!) and noted that Clinton's traveling around the country. However, the closest he's coming to me is Miami -- 4 hours away. 4 hours of Miami traffic, Florida turnpike drama, escalating gas prices, etc. so that I could shop at the Dadeland Macy*s in the hopes that Clinton will give me 60 seconds of his time - YOU BETCHA!

Now, we won't go into the fact that when I checked his site on the blackberry it said he was in ORLANDO on Oct. 7th (THANKS FOR NOT LETTING ME KNOW) at the very Millennia store I was at only 2 days after! Can we say GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So, a birthday treat to myself for everything I went through last year and my year of growth in all aspects of life: emotional, physical (da butt did shrink - yay), financial, etc., I am rallying some friends to head to Miami for the day. Now, I have a work project that week, but one day would be perfect for me to head down to Miami for a little shopping, cocktails, dinner in SoBe (South Beach) and a chance at meeting Mr. Kelly himself.

Hey - call me a groupie if you must, but at least I'll be a fashionable one!


*Pic. courtesy of Readheaded Stranger who, if you read her site, will see that she did get to see Mr. Kelly in person herself not too long ago.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:49 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------