This Page

has been moved to new address

Tickets, Get Your Tickets...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tickets, Get Your Tickets...

In my email was a little gem reminding me that the 2008 Grammy tickets are now available and that our hard copy invitations are in the mail. The show is just around the corner - it's February 10, 2008. So, there goes my shopping budget. The only thing I really want to do this coming year is go to the ceremony with some friends and have a blast. It's the 50th Annual Grammy Awards so it should be a good time.

The one thing about the Grammys is while the awards are cool - the party is 200x better. Not to mention I want to visit Clooney's office Reese and the lot, network with some publicists I know and drag one my fave mentors out for lunch. I also want to go to my pre-Grammy dinner at the Ivy, visit some friends and maybe take in a bit of shopping. That, my friends, will be my big vacation of 2008. (Sorry Meowmix - I know I know). But after the developments here, I really need to put myself out there network wise and get back into the entertainment swing of things.

With a plan formulating and an aggressive savings push, I log into the member section of the website and lo and behold, I can pull my ticket order form online. Well, I need to prep the budget right? Therefore I need to see the costs. I mean I'm not ordering til January but still.

I see that the prices have gone up and there's new options. We can get 2 tix at Platinum, Gold or Silver level and an additional 4 tix at the cheap seats aka Bronze level. So this is the first piece of the puzzle we get to start with. Ticket prices are:

In addition, there is a $200 ticket per person for the swanky afterparty but you can't go to the party without going to the ceremony. Let's add that up - I'm going to be shelling out $350 per ticket package, plus plane fare, plus hotel, plus car rental, plus all other expenses. EEKS! Let's not even get INTO wardrobe. :::sigh::: I don't even WANT to think about that whole other debacle.

Over the next month, I'll be doing my research. I can get a room at the swanky Grammy endorsed hotel at a reduced rate but I'm going to see my options. As it's $189 a night, maybe I should just book the swanky hotel the night of the show as it's right nearby and that way we really don't have to drive much. As it is, I plan on flying in on the Friday before and leaving on the Monday after the ceremony. Or should I leave Tuesday - because more than likely, I'm going to be a tad exhausted from the party. See - TOO much to worry about. My head is going to be spinning worse than the exorcist!

I do know one thing. This time I'm NOT dying my hair brown before the show (Nor am I dying it at all, period). I don't want a Zebra stripe running down my head from a missed spot like I had 3 years ago. They can just realize I'm a blond with a brain.*

*Yes, that's really why I dyed my hair brown. Long story short - in the music genre I worked with, I found that many of the music executives are mainly men. And much of these male execs that I had to deal with tend to think that a blond with a brain is just not the norm. Therefore, I dyed it brown before the Grammys and also before a big music conference I had to go to - reasoning - to be taken seriously. Now that I look back at that, I have to laugh. If they can't take me seriously, that's THEIR problem, not mine.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 1:08 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------