This Page

has been moved to new address

My Heart Is Breaking...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, January 25, 2008

My Heart Is Breaking...

Sadly, I just got wind that the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas was engulfed in flames this morning.

The Monte and I go way back - I would be there, on the average, about every three months for quite a few years as my friends (and clients) performed at the hotel regularly.

Many many evenings were spent here while H.'s group was performing in the lounge. Many quarters were played in the slot machines. Quite a few hands of blackjack were played in H.'s futile attempt to teach me how to win. Many cocktails were imbibed at the Brewery bar (quickly - you know, in case I got busted drinking too much). Much shopping was done around it's vicinity. Many talks were had out by the pool and in the lounge areas. Hell a friend of mine even had sex in the cave by the pool here (well - it was WAY before she got married and hell - she was tipsy and he was cute and oh let me shut up.)


It is/was a beautiful hotel and sadly, after this fire, I don't think it will be the same.

I'll miss my Monte Carlo...



(Photo courtesy of CNN.com)

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:51 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------