This Page

has been moved to new address

Tales Of.. A Pillow?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tales Of.. A Pillow?

Indulge me will you, please?

For the past few months, my shoulder has been acting up. I haven't really been lifting alot but the pain has gotten so bad where my hand can, at times, go numb. Drives me batty. I'd go to the doctor but in lieu of getting hit with a huge bill AND a bill for $376 for the skelaxin that he will tell me I HAVE to have and my insurance will tell me I have to pay full price for it because it's "not approved", I've decided to doctor it my damn self. Tylenol, Aleve or Nyquil can help me rest a bit through the night.

This week, it got so bad where I couldn't hold up a phone. I had to talk to everyone in the car on speaker because holding something up for so long hurt my shoulder. I'd use my bluetooth, but people had trouble hearing me on that. So, enough was enough. I examined how I was sleeping - I can't sleep on my back or stomach - HAS to be on the side. I looked at the bed - no that was fine. The mattress is still a year old. I looked at the pillows - they've seen better days and I sleep with 2 or three depending on what I'm watching on TV. At the suggestion of my father, I decided new pillows was in order.

Off to Costco I went - for replacement pillows. 2 for $9.99 and I should be good. Then I saw it - the Choices Memory Foam on one side/fluffy pillow on the other. It was on sale and for $20.00. I figured it was for 2, until I got home and saw that it was only ONE pillow. But that one pillow replaced 2 - 3 of my pillows. I hadn't slept that good in ages.

The next night, I went to sleep and was woken up at 2:00 a.m. by a big THUMP on my bed. The cat had decided that the pillow was to be hers, not mine. She didn't anticipate on waking me - so she sulked to the end of the bed, waiting for me to roll off the pillow and she could rest her furry butt on it. However, I was wise to her - and she did not get that pillow. The next morning I got out of the shower and went into my room only to find Shadow lounged out on the new pillow like she was the Queen of Sheba.

Last night, I'm sleeping and, yet again, a softer THUMP. She was trying to be stealth. Again she was regulated to the end of the bed and I went back to sleep. Sadly, when I woke up we were at partial power - apparently someone hit a transformer overnight and I had to run around the house and get stuff done. How much of a pain is housecleaning WITHOUT power, ugh! I get back to the bedroom and there is the fuzzball again sleeping on the pillow. I had errands to do after the power went on at 12:30 and I left Shadow snoring on the pillow.

First on the list - pick up Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook at Costco. I leave and I'm talking to my dad on the phone and he's making an argument as to why I should get a second pillow. I tell him it's a $20 pillow. I can, however, use it on the other side of the bed. I remind him that Shadow will commander the pillow - and he tells me to give her the older one and take the new one but GET THE PILLOW. 1 UTurn and I was back at Costco getting the pillow. I figure I can use it for guests, etc.

I get home and drop the big box on the floor. For the past 2 hours, Shadow has guarded that box RELIGIOUSLY all while trying to get into the box because it's HER pillow. It's hilarious watching her try to get into the box and pushing on the tiny part of the pillow that's showing.

Spoiled cat.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 9:13 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------