This Page

has been moved to new address

Someone Send Me My AARP Membership Card Please...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Someone Send Me My AARP Membership Card Please...

During my self imposed quarantine, I had some time to catch up on my blogs and internet browsing. Surprisingly enough, there was no online shopping either by yours truly. I know I know - let me just pat myself on the back and make sure I pay yet another bill. *cursing the holidays*

Anywho - I have these moods where I am curious about what certain exes (and non-exes) are up to - just because I'm nosy like that. Most of the time I'm either still close with my exes and we have mutual friends or, in the case of a few, I'm not on friendly terms but stuff still gets relayed to me. I know A. is fine because I haven't seen his name in the papers or court documents unless he's testified (he is a cop after all - Meowmix is still wondering how the heck he passed that damn test). H. - well MB still gives me updates from time to time, but eeeh. Mark - the less I hear, the better off I am. See, where I lived in W. Mass, it's a small community and everybody yips. I mean, everyone and their momma, their cousin's 1/2 brother twice removed's baby sister knows your damn business. Bec & I can go out to a bar and I know at some point we'll run into someone from back in our Annies days that will screech "Lys - are you still with Mark??" Hell to the no. Last I saw him was a few years ago, we spoke for a bit and he's in the same place - livin' at home with momma, on disability (again - I swear he's allergic to work) and just being a drunk fool.

Well, you ever get curious about where your old schoolmates, etc. are and MySpace them? Well, I was bored and yes, I did peek. Mark has a highly boring profile on there but surprisingly, his son has a MySpace. When I dated Mark for those 6 1/2 years, I spent many a weekend with them as that was supposed to be my stepson, the whole birthday, holidays, etc. whenever his ex-wife wasn't being a witch. Mark's ex wife was QUITE the character. Character is the real nice way of putting it and when you say it raise your eyebrows a bit. His ex wife used to tell me that she never really thought Mark was the boy's real father as when he went away for school for 6 months after they got married, she had needs and kinda messed with X, Y and, occasionally, Z. Again - Character.

So back to the son issue - I'm clickin' away and boom - there's a younger blonder version of Mark but under the son's name. There is no denying Mark is the father. Let's do the math, I was with Mark for over 6 years, his son was, I dunno, about 4 or so when we started dated (or was it three) and when we broke up he was about 9/10. Hmmmm.... but this profile says he's 17 fuggin' years old. SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD???

Hot damn - someone hand me a cane please. Apparently somehow time flew and I just wasn't on that ride.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 5:28 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------