This Page

has been moved to new address

Disappointed. Aldos, How Could You?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Disappointed. Aldos, How Could You?


I'd do a guilty of idiocy but since this is their first offense, I'll be nice..


I went shopping tonight at The Florida Mall, just pretty much to alleviate a bit of stress and to get some inspiration before I go shopping in my closet. I was dyin' to pick up the Ombre shoes that I gave myself a pass to get at Aldos.

I trot into the store and immediately I'm drawn like a moth to the flame to examine some butt oogly shoes all the while thinking "who in their right mind thought these were chic?!?!?" and then I saw my lovelies out of the corner of my eye. I made a beeline for them and started to fondle - all the while trying to appear not too interested. It's like buying a car - I don't want to make it easy for the salesperson. Only in extreme "gotta have it" emergencies will I pick up a shoe, bark "Size 9.5/10 (depending on the store) please" and then pay immediately. Not today - after having a few things on my mind, much like a game of cat and mouse, this gal was going to enjoy the whole shoe buying process.

So I picked up the brown ombre platform pumps and looked at them. I noticed the side seaming but saw that the color flowed effortlessly - they looked Euro which means I'd have to order a 10.5 and have my paris hilton big foot moment from some tiny petite skinnyminny who probably never saw anything bigger than a size 7. That's okay, I'd made the sacrifice for the black/gray ombre platforms. They were 4"+ so I knew that I'd have to go to Nordys for some Foot Petals during the break in stage. Then the red ombre caught my eye. Nothing wrong with a covert once-over right? I pick up the shoes all the while thinking "Red/Black/Brown - well I did want the black but the red is so rich" and then I saw it. Like a big zit glaring like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer was a side panel that was NOT the same rich red as the rest of the shoe. No, it was more of a muddled orange red that did not flow with the ombre shading. What the hell.


Then I picked up the black shoe and looked at that side panel - same thing, but not as drastic. I sighed, disappointed in the fact that Aldo had failed me. They were going to charge me $110 for a pair of Prada wanna bes that were so cheaply made, I think I could get a better pair on Canal Street or a local discount store. Hell even Bakers shoes had better shading.

It was then I was spotted. Perhaps it was my sigh. Perhaps it was my face fallen like a child who learned that Santa was not real and it was just her parents making footprints with baby powder [ahem, not that mine ever did that, right?]. Either way, the game was up.

"How are you today?" skinnyminny petite salesgirl asked. Not one to mince my words, I replied "Truthfully, disappointed". She acted surprised and asked why I was disappointed. I then told her that if Aldos was going to charge $110 for a Prada knock off because, in all reality, that's really what they were, they should make them better. She sputtered a bit protesting to which I showed her the glaringly obvious red tacky platform. I showed her how cheaply made it was, how it was not fluid and, while that might be okay for some Joan Schmoe in Timbuktu, I however can't rock a shoe like that without feeling self conscious. And it wasn't even the interior side panel - it was the EXTERIOR side panel. Like a child caught in a lie, SkinnyMinny salesgirl then confirmed my fear - it was like that on ALL of the shoes. One by one I kept picking up the regular pumps and the platforms to see if it was like that and indeed, it was confirmed - all except the brown platform had the horrid side panel error. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

We parted ways and I told her that Aldos, while once a favorite shoe store of mine, sadly fell down the food chain a bit. I'm sure not everyone is as anal retentive as me when it comes to the shoes, but I have an addiction and it can't be sated with something I'm so self conscious over.

Yes, I know - I have issues. But we won't even go into my shock and horror over $400 shoes from Gwen Stefani at Nordys. I just can't process that one yet.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:41 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------