This Page

has been moved to new address

How She's Missed...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

How She's Missed...

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think of my friend Justine. April 4th, 2008 was the 18th anniversary of her passing but often it feels like yesterday when I got the call that she was gone. I know on the listserv, we're asked often how she (and a couple others) passed, but it's often hard for me to talk about, even 18 years later.

Whenever I'm in Philly, I'll head to her grave and pay my respects. I will never forget the kindness she showed to everyone she met and how she helped me chill out and calm my nerves my first day at the show. It's pretty intimidating when I walked onto that set and saw people who often I just would see on the tv screen and Justine, sensing my discomfort, trotted over and just struck up a conversation. She was a wonderful person and, when we are at the soiree in May for OurBuddy's b'day, inevitably one of my friends will make a comment how Justine is there in spirit - probably dancin' her little heart out.

I've been checking YouTube pretty regularly so we can make sure to have those clips on there archived for the regulars. And, today, while checking the normal suspects who post show vids, there was Justine.

Somehow seeing this brings me back to that first day where two regulars tried to involve me into their spat and Jus came over to me laughing. Then, after giggling about Tina and Sal's ever present drama, it was like two school girls giggling away about boys, clothes, gossip and how my heels and hair needed to be higher.

She is missed - every day.


Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:33 AM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------