This Page

has been moved to new address

The Art of the B.S. Meter...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Art of the B.S. Meter...

One thing I've been pretty good about is listening to my internal B.S. meter.

Perhaps its from my training as a former cable cop and their stories of "No, I didn't tamper with my box. My 3 year old put birthday cake in the box and that's what opened it up to the Spice Channel. Honest!".

Perhaps its from the crap I was fed from various exes "No Lys, we're just friends. I'm not messin' around with her - honest."

Perhaps its from dealing with various people that have encountered my path. However, when it comes to red flagging people, I'm damn good about that.

Now, I'm also one who, if I have a problem with someone, I'll straight up tell them. I'm nicer than I used to be - but I still won't tolerate crap. If people want to act a fool then so be it - just take it elsewhere. I don't need to be a part of it. And if I have something to say about someone, I will also tell them to their face. I won't tell Tommy xyz and tell Suzy zyx. C'mon now. How old are we?


Here's the reason for my rant. Recently, a friend made a comment in passing which I took as genuine. I never really thought about it or tried to "analyze" it because I took it at face value and moved on, like I do with my other friends. If you tell me something, I say "OK" and that's that. No need for discussion or determination if you are telling me the truth. That was up until that person said something in passing to someone else we know that totally contradicted what was told to me. And immediately my ears perked up and I went "ARUUUU??" because, seriously, that made me play back all the other conversations that me and this individual had over the past couple of months whereby I want to say "Bullshit!".

Obviously there is something else bothering this person but personally, I just don't give a crap anymore. I'm done with drama and so be it. So, after discussing the situation with Meowmix, I figured - life is too short, I now have the real number of this certain individual and I will be watching them with one eye open. Which is sad, because I've known this person for a while but when the numbers don't add up, they paint a whole different picture. I thought we had all grown past this crap and normally I prefer for everyone to get along but in this case, I honestly don't care. I'm putting my hands up and saying whatever.


I will say this - by the person talking out of both sides of their mouth, I have bumped them down a few pegs in my book. Sometimes people need to remember that people talk and often the walls have ears. Just be straight up with people. It's much easier in the long run and that person will respect you.

Sometimes, what you say will come back to haunt you.


*jumping off soapbox*

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:47 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------