This Page

has been moved to new address

One of Those...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One of Those...

OK, I'm apologizing to y'all in advance because what I'm about to say might be a bit offensive, or I'm about the "Flick the Bitch Switch" to quote one Rachel Zoe Project (Shush Bren! *LOL*) but I'm venting. Grab that coffee and let's chat.

This one is to the ladies. You ever have a friend - you know one of those girls - who just drives you to the brink of insanity?

Well, I have a few. Granted, now, these are friends who I've learned to use the term "friends" loosely because some things have come to light that I just have no patience, time or need for. My life has changed over the past few years - so much so, that I know there are some things I just need to cut, namely relationships with a few individuals that just frustrate me to no end. I've pulled back a few times, let some time lapse and, when I go back, it's great for a bit - then it's back to the same ol' same ol'. I have no time for that mess.

My friends are like my family and I say it often, but these girl "friends" that I speak of are like the 4th cuzzo twice removed and then some. And it got me thinking about my close friends, new friends and those I'm putting out to pasture. I noticed a trend - many of my female friends, especially those close to me, have the same mindset as I do - namely, they tend to think like men, are mature, don't tolerate b.s. and are strong women. That could explain that when you see me out and about, many of my close friends are guys and the gals with us, they can roll with the punches.

I'm an open book, upfront and to the point, sometimes blunt but that's just me. Granted, I do have a privacy meter and there are some things I don't talk about with even Bec, Meowmix or Reese. It's my business and that's that. They respect that about me and I respect that about them. You don't see guys getting all up into each other's business, do you? My male friends don't. If you wanna talk, talk. If you don't, then don't - just pass me a damn beer and call it a day.

Now, the girls that I call "Characters", well to be plain and simple, I don't trust them one iota.

Plain and simple, I just don't have the time.

Not to mention, all that mess just puts out a ton of negative energy. Sure, people can be a product of their environments, but I am of the belief that you need to "rise above" and "move forward". Again, that can put me in the "is she on DRUGS" theory but, seriously, I've learned positive begets positive. You can look at the glass half empty or half full - I choose half full. Its more than what you had before, right? And, I believe that Karma is dealing with these characters just fine, as evidenced by the drama b.s. that they keep slinging.

Well, as y'all know, there's something that's going on in November and when I was chatting with Meowmix about it the other day, we had to cross some names off the list because, seriously, I don't need ANY drama that weekend. And, as Meowmix said, she doesn't need to be kickin' anyone's butt out the door - she's already got her hands full.

In the past, I always tried to make sure everyone's happy and everyone's getting along, much to the detriment of my own feelings. When I learned that some of my so-called friends pulled some so-called mess before, what's to say they won't pull that mess again. So, nope, they are C.U.T. and I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted. I don't have to make these people happy and everyone that IS going to be there gets along fabulously. They are adults and get it.

Do I care about the characters crossed off the list and out of the address book? Not really because as Meowmix said, "With friends like that, who the hell needs enemies." I am no longer part of the "must please everyone" club and have decided that everyone is grown ass adults with grown ass adult problems, feelings and brain cells. If they can't play nicely in the sandbox, yours truly isn't going to play referee.

Plus - my friends, the ones I know who will ALWAYS have my back and won't backstab, talk crap and pull shenanigans - those are the ones that I maintain lifelong friendships with. The others, eeeehhh - their loss, NOT mine.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:05 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------