This Page

has been moved to new address

An Offer That Made Me Reconsider....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, November 02, 2008

An Offer That Made Me Reconsider....

Remember when I said I was moving out of the apartment in February for pastures *somewhat* unknown?

That means that I would miss Phillies Spring Training (Tampa - Shane Victorino only an hour away - GAHHHHH!), possibly Winter Music Conference or SOBE Food & Wine Fest in Miami, and a host of other fun stuff...

Well, Thursday night I was hit with an offer I might not refuse. My complex left a letter in my door with the offer of a lease renewal for 7 months with no increase. I talked it over with some friends this weekend and my family and thought "Everything presents itself when it has to". So, Saturday, I dropped by the complex office who then tried to waiver on it but we had a "come to Jesus" chat and I'll talk with the manager on Monday but truth be told, in this economy, I need to channel my inner Suze Orman and fix that FICO. I don't want to renew for a full year, but 7 months might be just what the doctor ordered. And, with the fact that the economy won't be fixed in 2 months (damn H. and his damn super high phone bill!), I would like to increase the emergency fund which looks pretty pitiful right now. So that means that if all goes well, we'll do the lease renewal until August and then I can decide if I'm buying a house/condo and what's gonna happen with my future.

Now I know OurBuddy's response will be "Lys, we've been down this road before" but the one difference is that I know what's in store for me and what I want to do. I'm not moving without a plan and, in today's day and age, one can't be too careful. Plus, I have some really great things going on in my life right now that a 7 month delay won't affect. Sometimes it's good NOT to rush, right?

Now I just have to decide how to tell some of my crew the news... (Wait - for those that read this spot, I think I just did... )

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 5:32 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------