This Page

has been moved to new address

This Is Why iTunes is Dangerous For A Gal...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

This Is Why iTunes is Dangerous For A Gal...

I'm watching a tribute to one of my fave singers, Ms. Patti Labelle, on ABC and they've had a number of artists singing some of Ms. Patti Patti's songs and now I'm searching for music by Chrisette Michele, Yolanda Adams, Brian McKnight and Wayne Brady - oh, and they had Big Daddy Kane. It was like a time warp back to 1990.

To quote Tom Joyner, [Ms. Patti] "takes us back to a time when song lyrics meant something". So very true. While I do like some of the stuff that you can hear on the radio - it's songs from back in the day that make me go "That's the jam!" When Chrisette Michele sang "New Attitude", I'm surprised I didn't dance around the living room. How I adored that song back in the day.

That sound of plastic screaming - yeah, it's the bankcard going "For the love of God, woman, HOW MUCH MUSIC CAN YOU PUT ON YOUR DAGGONE IPOD?!?!?!" But you know what, they are classics and I'll just drown out the apartment complex that is slowly turning into Frat Row with some GOOD music over some of that crap that I'm hearing on the daily down the hall...

Here's a clip of the performance that I hope they release for sale. It's a great theme for 2009 - if it was good enough for the 80s, it's still relevant today. Just without the big hair.

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 11:04 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------