This Page

has been moved to new address

Full Disclosure: Shoe Shopping Is NOT Good On A Deadline...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Full Disclosure: Shoe Shopping Is NOT Good On A Deadline...

The other day, I had a con call scheduled with an artist that I've been helpin' out with. Prior to jumping on the call, I had to detour to the mall and pick up some shoes to go with my new fall wardrobe as I was wearing an outfit the next day that called for a pop of color. See, I got those lovely Real Women Dollars at Lane Bryant that I had to spend and, I have to confess, this gal went a little crazy. Yes, I saved a fortune, but did I really because of LB's mark-up? Also, I hate when I have an idea of what I want to look like and what shoes I have to have to make the outfit pop. I just refuse to settle for something outside of the concept I have in my mind.

Some time ago, I know I let y'all know that I was debating yellow or blue 9West Liatris Peep Toe Pumps. However, when I went into 9West a few weeks ago (and dealt with idiots 1 & 2 at the Fashion Square Mall), I literally put the yellow pumps back and basically told them not to bother - thanks but no thanks. Yes, I cut them off at the knees, but I've come to expect a certain type of customer service from the 9West folks and these two need to be shipped off with the Nordys shoe guy and that bimbo at Nordstrom to perhaps, I dunno, Shoe Carnival. You either work with a customer or you don't. You don't talk down to them (especially when you have someone like moi who knows 9West's shoes inside and out and has about 70% of her shoe wardrobe from there). You don't lie to a customer that someone does not have a certain shoe when you didn't even call OR look it up online. You don't... let me just shut up - I just will NEVER shop at the 9West at Fashion Square Mall again. They are horrible - both the manager and the salesclerk. Note to Fashion Square 9West folks: Learn your product line. Live your product line. Treat your customers as customers, not a nuisance. And, for the love of god, don't EVER be condescending to a customer. We're done. I'll jump off my soapbox now.

So, back to the story at hand. Y'all know I detest the Florida Mall and normally go there under duress. Well, times have changed. I stopped in and ran into the shoe guy in Saks who, not only remembered my name but also remembered my shoe size!!! However, I have yet to purchase something from him, but you know he's getting that Stuart Weitzman sale from me when I'm ready. I took off like a shot outta hell because I had the shoes to get at 9West and something else before my 7:30 con call and it was already 7:00. Well, 9West had my blue shoe ready and out for me. I had called prior to my arrival to doublecheck about whether or not they had the shoe and the woman there was so kind and gracious - for a second I had to ask if I really called the Florida Mall store - this was Millenia Mall treatment that I always seem to get. Bonus points. And it was on sale.


So behold my cobalt blue beauties from 9West to go with my cobalt pieces from LB shopping overload. Can I say they are hot hot hot! Love them much more than the yellow. The blue is SO rich and with jeans, black, or gray pants - love love love! The pewter base just sets it off perfectly.

And then I detoured into Torrid. Why - because I had to have THESE boots and they are gorgeous - and they are on sale. While their clothes beckoned to be touched, tried on and relocated to a new home, I had to decline and ran out there with only the boots. Reese loves this store and I can start to see why.

Aren't they trouble (but in such a good way - I rocked those puppies last night)...

And finally, I stopped in Staccato - yes, it was 7:25, but I had to look and found a gorgeous pair of grayish blue snakeskin peep pumps for $28 marked down from $118. I'd put up a picture but their website is all flashy and I don't know how to pull the photos - but they are the Clio brand. Knowing that the clock was ticking, I didn't have the time to really try them on and figured 41 = 10.5 - should fit fine as I'm a 9.5/10 and quickly slipped my toes into the front. Well, guess what, when I got them home I found out that I couldn't put them on because those suckers were TOO NARROW at the back. And they were final sale. Totally my own fault - so either one of my friends will adopt them or those are going on EBay for relocation to a loving home. However, lesson learned - in Staccato - try on the daggone shoes and NEVER shop there in a rush. Trust me on this.
All in all, shoe shopping for me is never good on a deadline, but all in all, I'm getting happier with my fall wardrobe.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 4:03 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------