This Page

has been moved to new address

More Adventures in Coffee Making and Other Random Mess....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Adventures in Coffee Making and Other Random Mess....

So I attempted to make a pot of coffee last night. I took my pricy Kona coffee that I got from Fresh Market (the sample size - no way in h-e-double hockey sticks I was going to spend $9.99 a lb. on an experiment - $2.50, sure.)

Let me say for the record, I adore Kona coffee. Perhaps its due to the discovery of all things Kona & Polynesian when I was working with my past client (which - btw - hearing their song in the middle of Bed, Bath & Beyond - surreal). It's got this amazing taste that even trumps 'Bucks and Dunkin' Donuts - doesn't even compare. Thankfully, while my coffee wasn't as bad as prior attempts, it still was a cross between strong and weak which, when paired with Splenda & skim, wasn't too good. Wasn't too bad, but still. So today, while I still have a pitcher of the experiment in the fridge, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and use *gasp* sugar. I haven't really had sugar in my coffee for eons. Perhaps it's the splenda that is putting the bite on the coffee. I have a thing of simple syrup that I bought at Williams Sonoma for cocktails that I might try as well... Riveting stuff huh ;)

****************************************************

In other news, I might be headed down to South Florida next weekend. I'm on the hunt for a good hotel. I'll be working an event for a colleague so that should be fun. If it gets me out of this **** known as O-Town, sounds good to me. I've got a hellacious couple weeks ahead for me at the 9to5 where Linda Blair won't have anything on me when it comes to head-turning possession.

****************************************************

Speaking of heading down to S. Florida, now this means I have to find an automatic feeder for Shadow. While I'll be gone only two nights, it's not enough to have a friend come and watch her. Shadow's pretty self sufficient, but she insists on wet food every night in addition to her dry. So I'll be visiting the local Petco to see what I can find today. I do, however, have to cancel her hair appointment next weekend. I completely spaced about it but it would be better financially to have it near the holidays.

***************************************************

Colin Cowie's on HSN again this week. Pray for me to resist because, while I got the bowls & other items, it was commented on the boards that many of his items are cheap. The bowls are very lightweight, but I think they would be fine for a panna cotta or ice cream - nothing too heavy. But after reading the remarks, I'm hesitant to order anything else from him. I adore Colin (and he's got a new book coming out!), but to see people turn like rabid dogs on the HSN reviews tells me something is up. Sorry Colin!

***************************************************

I need to also look into securing my wireless signal. I've had nothing but problems where my wireless goes in and out in 20 min. intervals. It has NEVER done this at my old place which leads me to believe that either Embarq needs to step up their game or there is someone nearby pirating my signal. All well and good, but when I'm paying $40 a month for just the wireless alone, someone needs to chip in on that mess because it messed up my music uploading to my NaBlahBlah page - TWICE!

*****************************************************
And that about rounds up all the random mess in my head right now - stay tuned for shopping exploits and mall reports all this week as I search for good flats that will stand up to my tough standards.

Labels: , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 2:17 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------