This Page

has been moved to new address

Event Recap...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Event Recap...

Last night's event went over swimmingly. Sure there were a few people who didn't make it and also some people who came out that we hadn't seen in forever. And, of course, our normal crew showed up - and they were having a great time. So much so, I have some photographic evidence of one that will be used to say "Are you feelin' okay - dude you were dancing". Most importantly, OurBuddy had a blast. While he's always smiling - he really just beamed last night. Bonus, I met some fabulous people - the Club Managers, Bartenders and Club DJ were so gracious, kindhearted and genuine. I definitely will recommend their hot spot to everyone. One of the best parts of everything, many people reconnected, some of which hadn't seen each other in 14+ years and friendships were renewed. All in all, it was a great event.

Today I have *off* from the norm and will be trapsin' around Philly looking at a few things. I'll also be doing something I always wanted to do - visiting the Italian Market down in South Philly. I've been dyin' to go to their spice store ever since I saw it on a television program. Also on the agenda - a fondling session at Crate & Barrel, Fantes and again, Sur La Table, a visit to my friend Justine's grave, a good ice coffee somewhere, a quick visit to Northeast Philadelphia and wherever the wind might take me. Meowmix and I will probably head out tonight with a few people and we'll have fun.

It feels so good to be home. It feels good to relax - and I can't really do that in Orlando, sadly. This is the one spot that I can let go of my cares and just be me. No worries about what people think or say, no worries about people's reputations or the small town mentality. This is my city and my Philadelphia never lets me down.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:12 AM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------