This Page

has been moved to new address

Be Warned: I'll Be Back...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Be Warned: I'll Be Back...

I went on a bit of a shopping expedition yesterday. I had accomplished something and said that if such task was completed, I would go visit the new Neimans Last Call and try on some Christian Louboutins. See, I have always WANTED a pair of really well made shoes but I feel guilty about making some guy go to the back of the store to pull out said shoe when I have no intention of actually BUYING the brand at the moment. So, in my opinion, going to Neimans Last Call or even Saks Off Fifth might be a better option because I can try out the brand and see if it fits. From what I'm noticing, each brand fits differently. Plus, there are too many opinions running rampant around the 'net as to sizing. Now, let me preface my adventure with a quick location check. Both Neimans Last Call and Saks Off Fifth are in one of the hubs of Tourist Hell, and y'all know I Don't Deal With Tourists... But, for the sake of fashion, I braved the crazy drivers, wandering pedestrians crossing through speeding traffic, and all the other lovely surprises that comes with International Drive and the Prime Outlet area...

So, you can imagine my surprise when I went to Neimans and saw NOTHING of either this season or last season - everything there in a size 10 was from 4 - 5 seasons ago and their big designer - Beverly Feldman. WHA? Isn't she an actress and on Home Shopping?? And you want me to pay $300+ for her shoes? I. Think. Not. The Pradas that they had were tacky to say the least, and their Manolos were from the S&TC era, literally around 1998/1999. It also appeared that Neimans Last Call Orlando's idea of a discount was about 20% off. I did find a couple Cole Haan shoes that are in the running for Lys Adoption. I stopped by the handbag department, fondled a couple Diors and, in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, I muttered "I'll Be Back". It was then off to Cole Haan and Saks Off Fifth.

Cole Haan was somewhat disappointing. I've been lusting after one of their bags in the longest and I wanted to check out the shoe selection. Their choices available were pretty much slim to none. Saks Off Fifth was a whole other story entirely. When I entered, it was as if I was welcomed into the gates of Heaven... Now, their plus size selection was pretty much non-existent, but what did I care - it was all about shoes. As I started to trot to the back I swung past the bag department - first to greet me, a gorgeous L.A.M.B. bag that I only saw in the fashion mags - 50% off... cute, but so not me, but still pretty and very well made. They had some cute Betsey Johnson items which I thought were cute, but nope - I had to get it together - the shoe department and I had a hot date.

I trotted back to the size 10 aisle and there were shoes galore on BOTH sides of the rack in My. Size. Unheard of. Okay - well their designers were somewhat a tad lacking, but I did encounter a
gorgeous pair of Stuart Weitzman Platform Pumps. And those shoes were over 50% OFF - $169.99 marked down from $280. They were the same as the tortoise pair I was coveting on Bluefly (which are now sold out btw and at $165). I tried the shoes on and, normally when I try on shoes its the one shoe try on - no mess, no fuss. Not this time. If I was going to seriously buy a pair of Stuart Weitzmans, those suckers better fit. I don't want any drama like the Michael Kors Platform Pump drama of Fall 2006. Imagine my surprise when those shoes fit PERFECTLY, like a glass slipper to Cinderella. I tried them on not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES at different intervals and each time they fit amazingly. Plus, they were running a BOGO promotion (buy one, get one 50% off). Wowza! However, I do have an electric bill to pay (damn you Florida and the need for air-conditioning), and those shoes and I were not meant to be.

I then decided to call it a day and upon walking out I spotted the
Gucci sunglasses - not at $129 like on Smart Bargains, but $79.99. I tried them on and while they were a bit bigger than the ones I planned on ordering, it just didn't go. I don't do well with the Nicole Ritchie look. I then encountered a pair of tortoiseshell Dolce & Gabbana frames, but my hair got caught in the wires - those also got put back. Also some of the other goodies I found: Spanx (half off), gorgeous jewelry, Coach Gloves (again - Florida - no need for gloves)... but lots to be found at that store.

So, with a sigh I departed Saks Off Fifth with nothing but a resolution to return one day. Saks Off Fifth...I'll be back...

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 7:17 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------