This Page

has been moved to new address

What About Your Friends...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, June 16, 2008

What About Your Friends...


Over the weekend, I went to see Sex & The City with some friends. They say that sometimes when you see a film a second time, you notice things you didn't catch the first time. One theme that I saw resonate throughout the film was the underlying theme of friendship.

At one point during the film, there was a part where the girls rallied around Carrie and it made me remember how through the years, my girlfriends have always done the same. I had to think if I was in that situation, what would they do. And, it came down to the same thing.

I whipped out my cell to send a quick "Miss ya" text to the girls and thought how thankful I was to have them in my life, even after all these years. Meowmix is always the voice of reason. Bec is one of my rocks. Suz is ready to jump at a moment's notice and the Divas - don't even get me started. These gals make me laugh, cry, and just shake my head in amazement at how great they all are.

Later on that night, Suz called me to check in as she got the text. She had just gotten out of a pretty bad crime scene and, even with what she was facing and the next crime scene she was headed off to, she still kept a positive attitude. Sometimes I tend to forget that both her and Meowmix really do see people on the worst days of their lives.

I really don't think I tell my friends how much their friendship means to me, but somehow they know. And, in thinking back, I recall how the ties of friendship bind. Sure we have all moved on with our lives but when the chips are up or down, we're there for each other.

Through all the major stuff in my life, from my broken engagement, Nick's passing, the move to Orlando, etc., the gals have always had my back. Meowmix has suffered one too many meltdowns with me when A. broke my heart for the umpteenth time. Suz and Bec were ready to toss Mark through a window when they got the call I was hurt and the Divas and Bec were there when Nick passed and I thought I was on the verge of a breakdown. They also celebrated the good moments, cheered me on when I decided to actually follow my dream in my move to Orlando and are championing me on with my recent decisions.

Every day I count my blessings for the fabulous friends I have. And, somehow, I know that no matter what I'm faced with, everything will be all right in the end. Men can come and go but its the friendships that will last the test of time.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:34 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------